Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Symphonic Cacophony

Greetings folks!

FRIVOLITY
I was out last night so I was unable to see ECW and only caught the last 20 minutes of Rescue Me. But from what I got from ECW's website, Sabu went nuts and hit Big Show with a chair a couple of times, thus the match ended in a disqualification for Sabu.

In so far as this revitalization of ECW, I have to say I miss some of the stars from its heyday, such as Mikey Whipwreck and Terry Funk. I know people say wrestling is "fake," however, I would prefer to call it "staged." Fake implies that these guys don't get hurt, which everybody knows they do. Funk was a guy who got hurt plenty of times and never stopped fighting. He definitely is one of the toughest hombres ever to walk the planet. Hey, anyone from the Doublecross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas, has to be tough!

Oh yeah, as far as Rescue Me goes, I know they repeat it Friday and Sunday nights so I will definitely be able to see it at one of those times. I am pretty sure next Tuesday is the season finale, as the week after Nip/Tuck starts. Talk about a sick show!

SERIOUS NEWS AND MORE FRIVOLITY
I am not sure if John Mark Karr is guilty of killing JonBenet Ramsey. But I know one thing, he's one of the creepiest dudes I've ever seen. Of course, he also is innocent until proven guilty.

But I have to give kudos to Kuby, Ron that is. Yep, one half of the Curtis and Kuby Show on WABC Radio. He was very cautious last week about the guilt of Karr. He definitely urged his listeners to be cautious when it came to Karr killing JonBenet. Catherine Crier of Court TV also urged caution and cast doubt over this man's alleged involvement.

Getting back to Kuby...Here is a guy who is an attorney and probably one of the most liberal guys on radio. Yet I really like him. I've been listening to him and Curtis for the last five or six years, if not longer, and I love hearing both sides of the story from them. I find Kuby is one of the few guys on the left who can get his point across without putting people down, same goes for Alan Colmes from Fox News.

It's funny though, I disagree with Kuby on every single issue, and even one that as a registered republican I might agree with him on, I disagree. That is the issue of the second amendment and the right to bear arms. He is a staunch supporter, while I feel the only ones who should have access to guns are those in law enforcement or the military. Some day soon I am going to go into further depth about this very hot button topic.

Generally speaking, I listen to Curtis and Kuby every morning. The addition of Warner Wolf a few years ago makes their show even better. I remember Wolf from his days doing sports on CBS in the early 80s when I was a little kid. He got me into pro wrestling as a matter of fact. He was the only guy who would show highlights, usually from Madison Square Garden. I remember he would always show the Masked Superstar fighting other guys who donned a mask, such as Mr. Wrestling II. By the way, for those interested, Masked Superstar also fought under the name of Super Machine and Demolition Ax.

This story is not getting much play but it should. Last week, two Muslim students were thrown off a plane going from Spain to Great Britain after the passengers became alarmed at the men's behavior and demanded that they be removed from the aircraft.

I say good for the passengers! This is something that the Muslim world should take a good look at. I have stated on this blog before that their is not enough outcry from the Muslim world in condemning terrorism, yet there is plenty of outrage and violence over cartoons. The reality is that the longer Islamic terrorism rears its ugly head the more of a backlash the Muslim community will face.

Islam is in crisis. There is no doubt about that. They need to form something like a Vatican to bring their people together and to marginalize and eventually eliminate the extremists.

I do not support being a racist or racial profiling. Nor do I condone violence against ordinary citizens. However, the War On Terror, will be won with more than bullets and bombs, mostly victory will be attained in a change of attitude.

Finally, congratulations to Art Bell! He was inducted into something called the CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame. These days Bell is remarried and doing his Coast To Coast AM show on the weekends from Manila, in the Philippines.

Bell is a great broadcaster and definitely deserves to be in any hall of fame related to radio. Although he is only part-time these days, with George Noory doing the show during the week, Bell helped to create one of the most successful shows in the history of radio. Believe it or not.

Cheers!

No comments: