Wednesday, November 01, 2006

So Is This Who You Want?

By now I am sure we have all heard about what Senator John Kerry had to say. The Democrats strategy in this election was to keep their mouths shut. In fact, it has been reported that their strategy was not even to talk about their plans because it would hurt their case. Basically, the Dems thought that Iraq would hurt the Republicans enough that the voters would be voting more against the GOP as opposed to voting for the Dems. It sort of became a game of who would blink first, because I believed that there was no way in hell the left would be able to remain silent.

Kerry opened his mouth, which is always a dangerous thing. Now he also refuses to apologize. I happened to be flipping around the television this morning and somehow landed on MSNBC only to hear David Gregory stating why he felt Kerry should not apologize and that kudos to Kerry for not backing down. First off, I am pretty sure that I was the only one watching that channel as their ratings are regularly deplorable and with good reason. Their programming is pretty bad to say the least. Secondly, I could expect no better from Gregory who shows himself on a consistent basis to be anti-Bush. Finally, the left has had a history of being anti-military. Just look at past comments from Kerry and all his buddies such as former President Clinton.

Meanwhile, I read quotes from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad saying that he has "sent people to America to slit the throats of the Zionists." I guess Gregory and Kerry don't get it, and never will. I only wish there was a way that I could block MSNBC so that my remote would instantly take me away from all their blabbering.

As far as the troops go, my friend's brother was a professor at Fairfield University and joined the army after 9/11. He fought in Iraq for well over a year and helped to train the Iraqi police in Baghdad. So all these pencil necked geeks can put that in their pipes and smoke it.

I not only feel that Kerry should apologize, but that he should resign! His remarks are treasonous and in case anyone has forgotten we are at war.

Although the Republicans have made mistakes, I know they have a better understanding of the world we live in and are better at fighting the War On Terror, which is the most important issue of our time and the foreseeable future. I guess we'll soon find out how the rest of the country feels...

No comments: