Monday, August 20, 2007

I Can't Reach You a poem by Sean G. Kilkelly

I am currently writing a collection of poems called, Amazing Journey. The titles of the poems - and the title of the collection for that matter - are those of my favorite 10 or 12 Who songs. The first letter of each line of the poem spells out the name of the song or a particular phrase used in one of their tunes. I'm hoping to be finished by the beginning of September, and then posting it on here. Some of the poems are in line with the song; that is, they kind of continue the basic theme. Others are the opposite of the song's meaning like "Bell Boy" which I am posting below, as well. Anyway, I read five poems at the Hudson Valley Writer's Center the other night, and this poem, "I Can't Reach You" got a very positive reaction. So please excuse my over excitement, but I decided to post it on here. If I can come up with an email address, I plan on dropping The Who a note regarding my project.


I Can't Reach You
If we only learned a proper way to communicate,
Colluding our true feelings,
And working out our discrepancies,
Nothing would prohibit our love.
'Twas once this was so easy,
That was many moons ago,
Remember?
Eventually we will part,
Anger piercing through our core,
Confiscating any and all blissfulness,
Holding our hearts hostage,
You and I divided,
Our once amorous souls,
Undressed and again single entities.

Bell Boy
Believe in your unique abilities,
Exude confidence,
Live each day as if it was your last.
Love yourself without conditions,
Bring the best of you to each situation,
Only gravitate toward the positive,
You, deserve the best.

No comments: