Saturday, October 06, 2007

To Opine or Bloviate? I Do It, You Decide.

POLITICS
I've taken notice recently of more and more people visibly demanding that President George W. Bush and/or Vice President Dick Cheney be impeached. I'm not sure on what grounds. Those who are proponents of such actions are really fringe Democrats who are still miffed about the impeachment of former President Clinton. The worst thing politically that could happen to this country right now, would be impeachment proceedings. Congress, should be focused on fixing and not damaging.

I'd also like to add that I do not want to see a Hillary Clinton vs. Rudy Giuliani matchup for the Oval Office. Why? Those two are probably the most polarizing characters in the United States and I could only imagine the mudslinging that would take place would reach new depths of classlessness.

United Nations' peacekeepers are regularly getting attacked in Darfur and yes, I'm going to repeat myself, there is a genocide occurring there as we speak. Former President Carter just continues to make an ass of himself by suggesting it is not a genocide. Uh, here are the facts: 400,000 killed and two million displaced from their homes, mostly fleeing into neighboring Chad since 2003. What's so hard to grasp, Mr. Carter? Is it because those doing the killing and displacing are Arab militias - also know as the Janjaweed - and that Mr. Carter has shown himself over the years to be sympathetic to the radical Islamic movement? I don't get him or why our country is so obsessed with Britney Spears, Isiah Thomas, and all the other degenerates that "grace" the covers of our newspapers daily when there are some serious topics that never see the light of day. What say you?

SPORTS
Jets vs. Giants probably has the least juice of any matchup between New York metro area teams.

Will tomorrow be Joe Torre's last game managing the Yankees? How about A-Rod in pinstripes? I thought the Bombers would make it to the World Series, however, at this point it looks like Tore will be working for Fox and A-Rod will be in San Fransisco about six months from now.

THE LONG JOURNEY
I began this week to read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn(same sound as wine) Rand. The book is about 1,079 pages, but I have only heard good things about it, so I decided to give it a go. Usually 450 pages is the max for me, then I start to lose interest. Incidentally, Rand is buried locally at the Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
No word yet on the No Mercy main event tomorrow night. Randy Orton, though, will be involved in some type of match to fill the vacant W.W.E. Championship. Who will he fight? It's all pretty hush hush right now. I know that Vince McMahon is high on Orton as champion and I'm just wondering if somehow Hornswoggle (Vince's illegitimate son) doesn't get involved and ruin the whole thing for Mr. McMahon. Hmmm, could get interesting!

No comments: