Thursday, December 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

Several months ago Vince McMahon sent out a letter to all former W.W.E. (W.W.F, W.W.W.F.) stars and offered to pay for rehab to anyone that needed it. No questions asked. Jake”The Snake”Roberts has reportedly taken Vince up on the offer. He will be going to a rehab for nine weeks. It’s no secret that Roberts has had to deal with drug and alcohol issues in the past. I wish him the best.

I don’t want to be an alarmist, but on the heels of two car bombs exploding in Algiers Sunday, I hope the world is taking notice. It’s been way too quiet the last few months; really since the hectic few days in late June of this year with what took place in Glasgow and what fortunately didn't occur in London.

Is a Giuliani-Huckabee tandem (in either order) electable?

Is it inevitable that a Democrat takes control of things at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue beginning in January 2009?

Is N.Y.P.D. Commish Ray Kelly the next mayor of NYC?

Who’s going to be the first owner that gives Michael Vick a contract after he is released in a year for good behavior?

There will be a lot of hypocrisy in relation to the steroid (HGH, performance enhancing stuff) list that is being announced right now. Barry Bonds has been maligned, but many already considered Mr. Bonds to be a jerk. I'm wondering if some of the more popular guys on George Mitchell's list will face the same sort of scrutiny as Bonds?

Reviews for Led Zeppelin have been favorable, mostly. I never said Page/Plant were bad when I saw them, just disappointing. I really like them, though, and do hope they play at M.S.G. in 2008!

Wasn’t it nice of Terrell Owens to say that Dallas would never be in the position they are currently in, if Bill Parcells was still the coach?

I have had three very good movie experiences recently. I saw American Gangster which I really enjoyed. Russell Crowe, whatever he is off-screen, is very, very talented. If you have never seen The Insider, rent it. I promise, you won’t be disappointed.

What can you say about Denzel Washington. Mr. Cool always delivers the goods. As a result of seeing American Gangster I was handed a flyer to go to a screening for Frost/Nixon. I’ve never been to a screening before and it was a really cool experience. They give you a questionnaire at the end and I shook hands with Ron Howard, the film’s director on the way out. I then went to see Bella this past weekend, which a friend of mine, Doug DeBeech has a supporting role in. I never would have seen this film, if he were not in it, but I’m glad I did.

The film tackles a number of issues such as abortion, childhood abandonment, adoption, single-parenting, and dealing with past trauma, yet it doesn’t go over the edge on any of those issues.

I’m cautiously looking forward to Charlie Wilson’s War only because I read the book, but I think it might be a very hard story to put on screen. Still, I’ll definitely see it. The movie, starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, comes out Christmas night.

No comments: