Sunday, December 09, 2007

Who News

Pete Townshend is out of tomorrow night's big Led Zeppelin concert. He wrote the following on his blog:

"I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing," writes Townshend. "They really don't need me, and I will probably perform at some future event for the Ertegun Foundation... If you are going to the show, have a great time. I am delighted Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason are back in black. I wish them well. I will be warming up mince pies."

Meanwhile, Roger Daltrey has reportedly asked the Sex Pistols to perform on their upcoming 2008 shows from the Royal Albert Hall in London. The proceeds from the shows go to the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Part of the song, "Who Are You," is about a drunken meeting that Pete Townshend had in a bar with Steve Jones and Paul Cook of the Sex Pistols.

No comments: