Monday, March 31, 2008

And then there's this...



Music is a great healer and I know that if I'm ever bummed out that these guys will provide me with a pick-me-up. I get goosebumps every time I watch or listen to this particular performance of The Who when they took the stage at Madison Square Garden in October 2001. It was the Concert for New York - which was spearheaded largely by Paul McCartney in the wake of that awful day in September - where the boys from Shepherd's Bush, London, really knocked everyone's socks off when they came on.

Longtime manager Bill Curbishley, McCartney, Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, Bono and The Edge have all stated how blown away they were by The Who that night. From around the 3:55 mark on begins the "orgasmic climax" of this great song: Baba O'Riley!

R.I.P.
John"Thunderfingers"Entwistle
(October 9, 1944 – June 27, 2002)

No comments: