Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Odds & Sods

Time for some Odds & Sods...

NEWS
That our media and our politicians are spending this much time on Rev. Wright is abominable. That our media is obsessed with a girl’s photo shoot and her irresponsible parents is foolish. All the while gas prices continue to skyrocket and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan rage on. Then rumbling continues that the U.S. will strike Iran before President Bush’s term ends. Once again our media and most importantly our politicians prove they are completely irresponsible!

In case you missed it, Bill Maher = Jackass!

Speaking of jackasses, was Jesse Ventura really once elected governor of a state?

Reportedly, Al-Qaeda has regained some of its pre-9/11 capabilities.

Hillary Clinton will be interviewed tonight and tomorrow on Fox News by Bill O’Reilly.

SPORTS
Nice job Daily News in getting the Sean Avery story wrong. Not only that but they are still taking credit for the erroneous "news breaking." I thought John Dellapina had more class than that, oh well, time to take him out of my links section…Nonetheless, best wishes to Sean Avery on a speedy recovery. The winger suffered a lacerated spleen, he did not pass out due to cardiac arrest (credit the Daily News for the latter).

Suppose there was a movie that you were interested in seeing and you asked me what my thoughts were about it even though I hadn’t seen it myself. Would anyone that has some soundness of mind take me seriously if I gave a review of something I had not watched? Well, that’s what you get with WFAN’s Mike Francesa. He doesn’t watch the NBA and generally puts his nose in the air when someone mentions either winter sports league. Yet, he’ll still make predictions and tell you why he knows more than you. Nice guy. More popcorn please!

Does Ray Allen know how to guard anyone?

The N.F.L. really has got something with their draft. Year after year it bears fruit with its t.v. ratings.

Hal and Hank Steinbrenner = New boss, same as the old boss!

I can’t imagine any major sports league having more inconsistent officiating then the N.H.L. does.

Don’t look now but the “Smiling Assassin” Isiah Thomas is now claiming to have invented basketball.

THINGS THAT ARE BUSH
Cutting your nails in a public place.
While at work, eating lunch at your desk.

REMEMBER
When walking on a sidewalk toward another person, instead of doing that little bunny hop thing, just remember this is America and walk to the right of said oncoming human.

Just my thoughts, just my thoughts!

Peace!

4 comments:

Rob Adams said...

Hold on...are you saying that it's bad to eat lunch at your desk while working?

Jeez, I'm extremely bush...and so are most of my coworkers.

But then again, considering exactly where I am when I'm eating lunch at my desk while I work...

I'll stop before I get in trouble.

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

I'll be watching...a demerit may be in order!

Rob Adams said...

Oh no! And I just finished my yummy pizza while chained to my desk!

Honestly, eating at my desk is probably the worst habit I've developed in my career.

I don't count eating in press box, by the way.

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

That's bush!!!