Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rangers In Five

Wish I had more time to blog about tonight's opening game between the Devils and Rangers, but I don't, not today. Here's how I see it in a nutshell: the Rangers are deeper and have the ability to role four lines - especially when they slot Brendan Shanahan into one of the flanks on the fourth line. The Devils' defense (Johnny Oduya and former Ranger farmhand Mike Mottau) is nothing - to say the least - like it was when Scott Stevens manned their blueline and provided an intimidating presence. There is no reason for the Rangers to be intimidated by New Jersey, and if Sean Avery can get to Martin Brodeur early, it could be a sweep. I'm going to be cautious and say New York in five, only because I see New Jersey getting an overtime winner.

No comments: