Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sean Kilkelly Ranks The Top 20 Songs By The Who (10-1)

Just like VH1, I'm doing my own honoring of The Who today! I will readily admit that the title of this post is a bit misleading and should just be "my favorite 20 songs by The Who." Because, quite frankly, I had a heck of a time narrowing it down to only 20. I could have gone for more songs, but then ranking them would be even more difficult. The list below is not set in stone, although my top three are. This post is also going to take a permanent spot in my links section on the right. In order to not overload your computer I have decided to break this up into two posts, below are the top ten, for 20-11, click here.

10- I Can See For Miles (June 2002)


9- Pictures of Lily (1967)


8- Baba O'Riley (The Kids Are Alright Movie)


7- Relay (1973)


6- Going Mobile (Who's Next 1971)


5- Bell Boy "Keith's Theme" (Live 1974)


4- My Generation (Smothers Brothers)


3- Who Are You (The Kids Are Alright)


2- Amazing Journey (Live 1970)


1- Substitute (1966)

2 comments:

Rob Adams said...

OK...this one is tough. I can't give you 20, simply because I'm not even close to be well-versed on The Who. That being said, I'm a big "Baba O'Riley" fan. That's my definitive number one.

After that comes "My Generation" and "Eminence Front." From there, "Pinball Wizard", "Who Are You", "You Better You Bet", "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Behind Blue Eyes", "I Can See For Miles", "Happy Jack", "Magic Bus", "The Kids Are Alright", "Substitute", and "I Can't Explain."

I think that's 15, in no particular order. All great songs, no doubt.

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

Wow Rob, great list!

It was a tough one for me to do because I had to leave so many songs out.

But variety is always good and it's good to see the differences in our lists.