Wednesday, August 27, 2008

W.W.E. And Baseball In Bridgeport

First, results from Friday night's show at the Arena at Harbor Yard:

Primo Colon defeated Snitsky. Colon has some work to do as he showed more sizzle than steak if you know what I mean.

Lance Cade over D-Low Brown. I was getting some food but caught the ending which saw Brown miss the frog splash and Cade getting the pin.

Jamie Noble beat William Regal. This was a really good match and I was very surprised by the ending. After the match Regal really sold how ticked off he was by the loss. Of all the heels on the show, Regal got some serious heat from the crowd.

Beth Phoenix beat Mickie James. Decent match.

Ted DiBiase/Cody Rhodes beat Cryme Tyme. As good a match as you are going to get with Cryme Tyme.

Santino Marella over Kofi Kingston. Beth Phoenix distraction led to win for Marella.

CM Punk beat JBL. By far the best match I have seen between the two. It was a no-disqualification match and both guys took some nasty shots to the head with garbage cans, etc.

Dave Batista and John Cena defeated Kane & Chris Jericho. Huge, huge, ovation for Batista that was doubled by the roar for Cena. Jericho did a real good job before the match on the mic in berating the fans.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. This was my first W.W.E. event in six years when funny enough I saw Monday Night Raw at the same arena. After the wrestling ended, we went next door to watch the final inning of the Bridgeport Bluefish-Lancaster Barnstormers game; a 5-4 win for the Bluefish. I was really amazed to see how few were in attendance for the ballgame. Harbor Yard is a real nice place to see a ballgame and if Friday night is any indication, they sadly just don’t draw flies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Wilson Pat playing for the Bluefish now? I heard Mark Rosen is taking a dirt nap? Is that true as well? Scratching my head Jeff Webber style.

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

I see Rosen's ghost every now and then so that rumor may, in fact, be true.