Thursday, April 02, 2009

Wrestlemania XXV Preview and Predictions: Tag Team Championship Unification match

World Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison will battle W.W.E. Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo in a Unified W.W.E. Tag Team Championship Lumberjack Match. Also, a Bella twin will be in the corner of each tag team.

The added stipulation that this is a lumberjack match is a good way to get more wrestlers involved in Wrestlemania, but it also sets up the match for an inconclusive finish. I think that somehow the lumberjacks, who are supposed to stand around the ring and make sure nobody tries to leave the "squared circle," will all end up in the ring and cause the match to be ruled a double-disqualification, thus the two tag team titles will remain.

Although the W.W.E. tag team division is bereft of solid tag teams, a championship does make things interesting, so I like the idea of two sets of tag team champions. I'm sure some fans get confused - at least I do - but the World Tag Championship is the one with the most history and dates back to 1971. Anyway, I could also see The Miz turning on John Morrison, as it may be time for the W.W.E. to capitalize on these two individually. Morrison did have some singles success previously, but I think he is ready to become a top star in the company.

Overall, I think this will be a very solid match and one that I am looking forward to. It’s a candidate to open the show.

No comments: