Thursday, October 01, 2009

Boxing Thoughts

I watched Vitali Klitschko toy with Chris Arreola for 10 rounds last Saturday night – OK Arreola got some shots in during the eighth round – but later had his nose broken in the ninth round and thus Vitali retains his W.B.C. Heavyweight Championship.

HBO did the smart thing by showing a replay of the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez bout before the Klitschko fight and they even interviewed Mayweather from his Las Vegas home. I’ll give credit to Mayweather for not calling out Shane Mosley who interrupted Mayweather after his win in a Kanye West fashion. Anyway, we all know that boxing wants Manny Pacquiao to beat Miguel Cotto on November 14 and then the "Pac Man" and Mayweather can fight a dream match – possibly at Yankee stadium sometime next year.

Back to Klitschko, unless he is going to fight his brother Wladimir, the holder of the I.B.F., W.B.O., I.B.O., I.B.M., AT&T and Ring Magazine world heavyweight championships, I have no idea why he is still boxing.

No comments: