Friday, October 23, 2009

Rachael Ray Wants Hall & Oates in Rock Hall of Fame

Rachael Ray has started a petition to get Hall and Oates into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. You can read about it on her blog here.

On a side note, have you ever noticed the similarity between the opening to Hall & Oates' "I Can't Go for that (No Can Do)" and Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean;" both videos are posted below. Hall addresses the likeness of the two songs here by saying:

“No question about it,” Hall agrees. “Michael Jackson once said directly to me that he hoped I didn't mind that he copped that groove. That's okay; it's something we all do. [Eddie] Van Halen told me that he copied the synth part from ‘Kiss on My List’ and used it in ‘Jump.’ I don't have a problem with that at all."




No comments: